This week I started updating my physics engine to match the latest version of Chipmunk. My physics library is basically a C++ translation of Chipmunk, so it's easiest to just look at the diffs in the source library and make equivalent changes to mine. I also took the opportunity to replace uses of cpHashSet with more idiomatic C++ (std::set and std::map). This reduces the amount of code in the library and makes it more type-safe.
Upgrading the library is my way of re-familiarizing myself with the code since I have a set of high-priority physics-related things to do:
- Detect impact damage
- Finish landing gear: absorb shock in all directions, have a proper foot, and break if stressed too hard
- Add hydraulic entry ramps that fold down when landed